Difference between revisions of "About"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Latest revision as of 11:55, 18 July 2015
Head of the laboratory of genetics of aging and longevity in MIPT
Alexey is a specialist in the field of genetics of longevity and aging. He studies regulation mechanisms of the rate of aging, longevity and stress resistance in animal models (DNA repairation, heat shock proteins, NF-kB, Tor- and PI3K-signaling cascade, apoptosis). Geroprotective properties of PI3K, TOR, NF-kBHis inhibitors were identified in his works using fruit flies Drosophila as a model. Alexey participated in the work of identifying mechanisms of exceptional longevity of Myotis brandtii bats. He was a contributor in creating a database of biomarkers of aging Digital Ageing Atlas.LinkedIn page
He is the CEO and co-founder of Insilico Medicine, Inc a Baltimore-based company utilizing big data analysis and deep learning for aging research and drug discovery. He also heads the International Aging Research Portfolio (IARP) knowledge management system for aging research and serves as the CSO of the Biogerontology Research Foundation in the UK.
Prior to Insilico Medicine, he co-founded the First Oncology Research and Advisory Center (FORAC), served as the director of ATI Technologies (Nasdaq: AMD) and as the director of GTCBio. He is also the head of research at NeuroG Neuroinformatics, a neuroinformatics company developing algorithms for cost-effective EEG devices to recognize imagined visual images and delay the onset of age-related neurodegenerative diseases.
Dr. Zhavoronkov is the author of over forty peer-reviewed scientific as well as popular papers and books on the many aspects of biogerontology, aging research and aging economics including “The Ageless Generation: how biomedical advances will transform the global economy” published by Palgrave Macmillan.
He holds two bachelor degrees from Queen's University, a masters in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University and a PhD in physics and mathematics from the Moscow State University and is the adjunct professor at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.LinkedIn page
Junior Research Associate, PhD student in Laboratory of Genetics of Aging and Longevity (MIPT, Russia)
Svetlana has a master’s degree in molecular genetics, research the changes of stress gene expression in response to different stresses and different doses of stress in order to obtain the confirmation of the non-specific stress response theory and the role of stress in aging and hormesis. Other interests include analysis of geroprotective properties of various substances and participation in creation an interactive encyclopedia of aging.
Leading Research Fellow of Institute of Biology
1993 – present - Institute of Biology, Ural Division of RAS, Department of Radioecology, Laboratory of Molecular Radiobiology and Gerontology, Syktyvkar, Russia:
1993-1997: Laboratory Assistant of the Institute of Biology
1997-2000: Graduate Student of the Institute of Biology
PhD: Genetic effects of chronic low-dose rate irradiation in Drosophila melanogaster
Supervisor: Prof. Vladimir G. Zainullin
2000 – 2003 – Research Fellow of Institute of Biology;
2003 – 2013 – Senior Research Fellow of Institute of Biology;
2013 – present – Leading Research Fellow of Institute of BiologyResearchGate page
Director at Xpansa Group
Co-founder and Director of IT consulting and software development company. Has grown Xpansa from small outsourcing provider to global player with presence in 17 countries worldwide.
- Managing IT consulting company
- 8+ years of experience in consulting and systems integration
- Experience in enterprise scale projects implementations based on Oracle E-business Suites, Oracle JD Edwards and Odoo
- Main project roles: Architect, Project Manager, Functional consultant
- Defining and Implementing business strategy
CTO at Xpansa Group
- 13+ years of experience in Software Engineering and Maintenance.
- 6+ year of experience in Management field, focused on managing Software Outsourcing projects in Software Maintenance area
- Various projects related to Data Mining in Medical Sector
- Products and applications in e-Commerce, CRM, ERP, DMS and other business solutions
- Knowledge in Java (6+ years), C# (2 years), Python (3 year)
- Experience in ATG\Oracle (special Java-based e-commerce oriented framework)
- Involvement into full planning, coordination and development of maintenance releases
- Working with customers from NA, EMEA regions
- Various technical & management roles and responsibilities including Relationship Management, Delivery Management, Resource Management, Process Engineering
Developer at Xpansa Group
Just a modest developerLinkedIn page